Garage48 Tallinn 2014 hosted presentations of 15 Health & Wellness projects
More than 150 people gathered on Friday 25 April in Tehnopol, Tallinn to the very first Garage48 week-end event focusing on health & wellness related ideas.
The event co-organized with Wellmark Health and held in Tehnopol Startup Incubator brought more than 150 participants and all together 41 ideas got pitched. In total 121 participants worked in teams over the week-end and 15 projects were presented during the Sunday final presentations event. The jury selected DonateIT, linking together blood donors and donation centres in an quick and convenient way, informing the potential donors when their blood is needed as an overall Winner of Garage48 Tallinn 2014 “Health&Wellness” event.
Garage48 event series started in Estonia in April 2010 and have expanded to other countries in Northern Europe and Africa since then. All Garage48 events are held in English and have ~100 international participants. Participants have different skills, ranging from software development to design, marketing, sales and entrepreneurship.
The Garage48 events usually start at 5pm on a Friday evening. All participants gather together in a big room and pitch about 30 to 40 ideas on stage. Each idea is put on the wall and everyone can choose their favourite idea and team. Usually about 12-15 ideas will be selected and teams start working.
The goals of Garage48 events:
– Organize useful, international and fun startup events with a really lean budget
– Show that teams can turn an idea into a working service or prototype within just 48 hours
– Prove that new web and mobile projects can be started with a good team and lean budget
– Promote entrepreneurship and startup culture in Estonia, Northern Europe and Africa
– Teach people to work under a tough deadline – you need to focus on the core of the project
– Meet new people from other industries, roles and countries
– Less talk, more action and fun!
Go to Garage48
10 January 2023
Workshop #3: Reducing Pharmaceutical Residuals in the Baltic Sea Region – Comparative Analysis and Assessment of Possibilities | 9 February at 11:00-15:05 EET
4 January 2023
EDAH - a new European project ahead