ScanBalt Press release:Turku Science Park Ltd. and Nordic-Baltic Expats Forum in Collaboration
Turku Science Park Ltd. and Nordic-Baltic Expats Forum in Collaboration
Turku Science Park and the Nordic-Baltic Expats Forum (NBEF,www.nordexpat.eu) have entered collaboration in order to further develop the services for expatriates. In particular Turku Science Park will focus on attracting NBEF partners from industry, universities and public authorities in order to strengthen representation from the entire Baltic Sea Region.
Tero Piispanen, programme director at Turku Science Park says:
“NBEF constitutes a brain-bank on Top of Europe, a resource for our region. Many of our home-grown elite go abroad for shorter or longer periods; many elite scientists and students come to live and work in our region. Almost all of them want to maintain and strengthen their professional networks. They want to engage in projects, strategic alliances, and collaborations with colleagues they understand and respect.
NBEF is an important tool and support for expatriates; it will be of benefit for companies and institutions and will assist to strengthen regional competitivity”.
For further information on NBEF, see www.nordexpat.eu or contact General Secretary Peter Frank, ScanBalt at phone +45 27141078 or e-mail
About Turku Science Park Ltd.
Turku Science Park brings together academic and business experts. Its special focal areas are biotechnology and ICT. It offers a unique growth environment for the commercialization of research-oriented innovations and for the generation and growth of enterprise activities related to high technology. Read more athttp://www.turkusciencepark.com
Background information on Nordic-Baltic Expats Forum
The Nordic Baltic Expats Forum (NBEF) is the community of researchers, students and professionals who have roots or experiences in the Nordic-Baltic Region (the Top of Europe, i.e. Denmark, Estonia, Finland, North Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, North Western Russia, and Sweden). For more information: www.nordexpat.eu or www.scanbalt.org
The Nordic-Baltic Expats Forum targets:
- Regional Expatriates, citizens of a Top of Europe country (ie Denmark, Estonia, Finland, North Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, North Western Russia, and Sweden), engaged in bioscience research, business or research policy, as students, staff members or professionals working or studying – or recently having worked or studied – abroad, either at another Top of Europe country or elsewhere.
- Foreign Expatriates residing on Top of Europe engaged in bioscience research, business or research policy.
- Returned Foreign Expatriates, i.e. citizens of countries outside Top of Europe engaged in bioscience research, business or research policy that have worked or studied on Top of Europe and then returned to their country of origin
- The main purposes of NBEF are:
- Informing Expatriates of job, funding, career, and partnering opportunities in R&D on Top of Europe.
- Engaging Expatriates in leveraging opportunities for regional institutions, universities, and companies in the countries or regions where the Expatriates reside.
- Helping Expatriates to share experiences, better practices and to exchange professional and social support before, during, or after their stay abroad.
15 June 2022
Startup Call Invites New Businesses to Turku