Strong optimism for European biotech, says annual investment survey
Strong optimism for European biotech
The 2nd Annual GLSV Biotech Investment Barometer, reveals strong optimism aboutthe European biotech sector but also concerns about the funding environment for early-stage biotech companies.
Results of the survey
* 55% of respondents were more optimistic about the biotech sector than 12 months ago
* 74% expect the European IPO window to remain open for more than six months
* 63% expect biotech shares to outperform the stock market in the next year
* 64% considered European biotech stocks to be undervalued, compared to the mere 28% who thought US biotech stocks were undervalued
* Funding for biotech start-ups is considered more problematic in Europe
* 41% of respondents ranked insufficient funding as the greatest threat to the sector.
The Barometer, based on a questionnaire sent out on 21 September 2006 to biotech executives and members of the investment community, was intended to gauge the current investment climate and elicit views about the future perspectives of the sector. The results were presented at Sachs Associates’ Biotech in Europe Investment Forum, held in Zurich on 4-5 October 2006.
Global Life Science Ventures’ press release
10 January 2023
Workshop #3: Reducing Pharmaceutical Residuals in the Baltic Sea Region – Comparative Analysis and Assessment of Possibilities | 9 February at 11:00-15:05 EET
4 January 2023
EDAH - a new European project ahead