COBIOE is a project to interconnect innovation ecosystems to foster 4.0 industrial transition in the biopharmaceutical deep tech sector, sharing competencies, information and opportunities, with the aim of ultimately converging toward a common and inclusive European strategy for bioproduction support. Specifically, the proposition will focus on the bioproduction sector that includes the development of small molecules, biologics, drugs, innovative therapeutics (such as gene and cellular therapies), high technology drugs based on cell and molecular biology, and covers various applications in health (oncology, immunology, virology, rare diseases, etc…).
COBIOE will reach the following objectives:
– Provide a state-of-the-art and exploitable overview of the European bioproduction value chain, focusing on European, national, and regional strategy or existing initiatives, activities
– Opening up the bioproduction field, by reaching out to isolated actors and territories bringing added value to the chain.
– Building up bridges between sparse innovative ecosystems and initiatives opening up opportunities for isolated players.
– Promote bioproduction ecosystems, the field and its potentialities in terms of green, digital and social transition, among various stakeholders and policymakers
COBIOE proposal includes 5 health clusters/networks, preeminent and pioneers in the field of pharmaceutical biomanufacturing. Each partner complements the other in terms of competence and the partnership covers almost all European regions from north to south and east to west, including modest, moderate, strong and leading innovators. Moreover, each partner benefits from an extended network of stakeholders, from different technological sectors (materials science, artificial intelligence, biotechnology, blockchain, robotics, photonics, electronics and quantum information) and actors (universities, research, hospitals, funders…).
Programme: Horizon Europe – European innovation ecosystems (EIE)
Duration: March 2023-February 2025
€ 499 730,00
ScanBalt’s budget: € 90 630,00
Lead partner: Genopole GIP (France)
- CEBR – Council of European Bioregions (Belgium)
- Health Cluster Portugal (Portugal)
- EIT Health Hub France (France)
- ScanBalt (Estonia)
Project website: https://cobioe.eu
29 August 2023
Life Science Baltics 2023 | 20-21 September 2023