Invitation: Innovation systems in health economies – Regional, transnational and macro-regional cooperation for sharing and disseminating innovation in health care systems
Brussels, 26 September 2013: BSHR HealthPort Network Hearing. Venue: Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Information Office to the EU, Boulevard Saint Michel 80.
How can regions collaborate on a transnational stage without compromising the interest of the regional stakeholders? Is it possible to create a win-win situation through sharing of innovations on the product-, process- and system level? To address these questions, the hearing brings together experts from major European initiatives that have developed strategies in this field.
One of the major objectives is to surpass existing boundaries and open the way for inclusion of stakeholders outside the traditional health sector.
The hearing is part of the BSHR HealthPort project part-financed by the European Union.
13:00 – 13:30 Registration & Networking
13:30 – 13:45 Welcome
13:45 – 15:30 Regional Innovation Systems: building capacity in our regions. Chair: Josef Hilbert, IAT
· Wolfgang Blank, Biocon Valley and ScanBalt: The BSHR HealthPort – Innovation Agenda
· Eduardo Mulas, Coordinator of the High Level Group on Innovation Policy Management: Growth through a radical new innovation ecosystem
· Karin Nygard Skalman, Vinnova: Innovation in health care in the Baltic Sea Region
· Kurt J.G. Schmailzl Medical School Berlin (MSB); Ruppiner Kliniken (RK); Health ClusterNET (HCN): The Liverpool Agenda and Masterplanning: Revisited
· Jonathan Watson HCN and INTEGRATE: Regional development through multi-fund investment
15:30 – 16:00 Coffee break & networking
16:00 – 17:45 Best practice examples from regional, national and European perspective. Chair: Peter Frank, ScanBalt® fmba
· Holm Keller, Leuphana Universität Lüneburg: Boosting Innovation – Designing systems for knowledge based business development
· Gerhard Rakhorst, Healthy Ageing Network Northern Netherlands (HANNN): Facing an ageing society – The need of innovations in Medical Technology
· Søren Grøndahl Buch, Aalborg University Hospital Idé Klinikken: How to trigger innovation in the health care sector!
· Henrike Galenkamp, VU University Amsterdam: MOPACT – Mobilizing The Potential of Active Ageing in Europe
· N.N., Nordic Trial Alliance: Need for increased coordination of multi-centre clinical trials (tbc)
17:45 – 18:00 Conclusions
18:30 – 21:00 Reception & networking
Target participants: SMEs, Hospitals, Universities, Clusters etc.